Before the Interview
- Journalists come prepared: 94% of journalist always or almost always read the articles or review the scientist’s research before contacting them for an interview.
- How much will they explain: 95% of journalists report that they always or most of the time explain to scientists what the story they are working on is about. However, only 52% of journalists sometimes, most of the time, or always explain what their level of experience is with the topic or the field.
- Who are they writing for: While 95% of journalists always or most of the time explain what publication they are writing for, only 40% always or most of the time describe who their expected audience is.
- Open-minded or already decided: 32% of journalist said that they always or most of the time already had the angle in mind when preparing for an interview; 55% of journalists said that they sometimes had an angle in mind.
- Will you see questions before your interview: